Tuesday, April 12, 2011

So we meet again...

Hello blogger, long time, no see... I haven't written anything in, like, five months. Some of my other blog buddies have taken hiatuses because they were moving across the country with small children, or because they were birthing children. But not me, nope. I did move, but only across town. I'm really happy with my new home, which I won't post photos of because there are weirdos out there. Trust me, I'm in a much better place.

And for those of you who have been wondering, I'm in the midst of planning a wedding... which is awesome because I don't have any idea what I'm doing and also because I have a budget of about $16.00. If anyone has any ideas about how to throw a low budget wedding that doesn't look/feel like a white trash hoe-down, please let me know.

Other than that, I'm good. Just trying to get caught up.


2 comments:

Emily B said...

Good to see you again in the blogging world! I say get married, and have a nice dinner with family and close friends. We spent a lot of money on a big reception, and it was mainly for the parents' friends on both sides. If I had to do it again, I would do something small. But if you do want a big reception, using someone's nice backyard is a good way to go. You need minimal decorations when the landscape is pretty.

Thanks for the comment. When it was the weekend and trying to get a hold of customer service about fixing my problem was a joke, I was pretty dang angry. Now that I have my correct book, I can laugh about what happened.

Mal said...

Congrats! Planning a wedding is so much fun and simultaneously just awful. Good news: a lot of people lose weight from all the stress. I know I did! So, bonus! But I got a lot of ideas from etsy.com, realsimple.com and marthastewart.com for things that I could put together myself.