Friday, November 23, 2007

Dear BiggyB,

In this time of giving thanks, I am thankful for our friendship.

We lugged 14 paper grocery bags full of (heavy!) books all over Portland using public transportation.

You bravely played Joni Mitchell songs when I accidentally booked our chick band at a crowded biker bar.

Thanks for humoring my slight obsessions with: M*A*S*H, Jim from "The Office," and the Josh Joplin Group.

You "accidentally" forgot the "alternate lyrics" when you-know-who was there... Thanks a lot, jerkface. =)

Oh, and in related news... I left my phone on the counter when I went to return YOUR vhs copy of "Malibu's Most Wanted" to Blockbuster. You used this golden opportunity to call a certain person...

You spotted Steve Buscemi at Sundance. AND Eddie Murphy.

You taught me how to (literally) cross multi lanes of traffic without getting hit by a car (both as a pedestrian and as a driver). You also taught me that it's not cool to ride the brakes when driving on the freeway.

You help me forget to be sad.

I love you, B! Thanks for everything.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

awww. That made my heart smile. We should all have as good of a friend as Biggy B. Cheers to you guys.

Briana Elaine said...

Heather, I love you too! Thank you for your love and friendship and for coming to see me in Portland so many times. Thanks for giving me the opportunity and permission to call you-know-who while you were returning MMW. Thanks for making Wendy's heart smile and thanks for making my heart smile, too <3 Thanks for being my partner in optimism right now. It's gonna rock! And oh yeah, I finally posted...love you heath