Thursday, October 11, 2007

Dear Wendy, Deanna, and related parties,

Some of you have taken issue with my choice of footwear. And by "some of you," I mean everyone in the lower 48 states, including 94.1's Mark and Mercedes, several coworkers, and my mother. However, MY footwear leaves my feet feeling pampered, comfy cozy, and perhaps most importantly, fully intact... while your choice of footwear leaves your feet looking like this:


I've come to terms with the fact that my shoes are made of rubbery plastic. Why can't the world just let us be? (cue the theme from the 1970's version of Romeo & Juliet)

My point? My shoes are awesome. Are your shoes available in every color of the rainbow, in a myriad of styles? Didn't think so. So in the words of our friend Sinbad circa 1993, "BoooooooYAH."

Love,
Heather

2 comments:

Wendy said...

The only footwear that leaves my feet in that condition is the specific pair of shoes mentioned in that blog. I have comfortable sneakers, boots, heels, flats, and yes, even comfortable stilettos. And no one looks at my feet and says, "Are those CROCS?!" Can you say the same? No, you cannot. In fact, I think Crocs have been deemed inappropriate footwear by several public agencies, fine dining establishments worldwide, and pretty much every grown-up gathering place. BooYAAAAAAAH yourself.

Heather Bay said...

Doesn't it feel good to say BooooYAAAAH? I was never cool enough to say it back in the early 90's. So now I can say it with retro-spunk.