Wednesday, November 09, 2005

"sometimes it seems that i don't have the skills to recollect
the twists and turns of plot that turned us from lovers to friends
i'm thinking i should take that volume back up off the shelf
and crack it's weary spine and read to help remind myself"
- DCFC

I don't know if it's the crisp fall weather or what, but lately my thoughts have turned to "KL." We haven't talked since March of 2002, and I wonder where life has taken him. We were so close, but in time, our relationship just, well, sucked. The main thing I learned from KL was that no matter how good your intentions are, you just can't change someone. One memory that sticks out in my mind is the time KL was in Las Vegas over the summer, and he had me help find an apartment for him in Provo. He moved back to Provo in the fall, but didn't bother to bring the address of the new apartment with him. So basically, he moved back to Provo, not really knowing where he was going to live. His plan was to stop by my house, assuming I would be home, so I could show him where his new house was.

It's interesting that his absent-minded artsiness was what attracted me to him in the first place, but his complete lack of decision making skills and profound irresponsibility ultimately ended our relationship. Things drew on and on for nearly a year and a half.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey, once upon a time i had a year and half (well, year and about 4 months)fluke with a K, too. actually i think he had the same rest of the name, too. -minda not colby