Friday, June 12, 2009

Girls Rock Vegas... totally awesome week of camp!


Thanks to Denise Rosch and Channel 3 for visiting our camp and telling our story!
Aired June 12, 2009 on the 4:00pm news
I can't even begin to describe how amazing our first annual Girls Rock Vegas Summer Camp has been. The campers, counselors, and musicians worked so hard to make it a success! We are empowering girls, one chord at a time!

(I realize that sounds cheesy in general blog conversation, but that's our camp slogan.)

4 comments:

Wendy said...

Heather, this is so fantastic! Look at what you've begun! I am really hoping I can get to the concert today. Either way, know that you are doing something that matters, and these girls will be grateful for it for a very long time.

KHodges said...

Freakin awesome, Heather! I wish I could go to the concert. I'm super impressed. :)

Amanda XOX said...

Way to go Heather!!! News 3 did a wonderful job to portray your camp. Enjoy the rest of the summer =o)

Emily B said...

I saw this! I always watch channel 3 news, and when I saw this story I thought, "I wonder if they will show Heather." And then they did! I'm so glad your camp went well and you got some recognition for all of your hard work.