Saturday, January 19, 2008

Gotta Love Office Space
and
some unfortunate last names


Samir: No one in this country can ever pronounce my name right. It's not that hard: Samir Na-gheen-an-a-jar. Nagheenanajar.
Michael Bolton: Yeah, well at least your name isn't Michael Bolton.
Samir: You know there's nothing wrong with that name.
Michael Bolton: There was nothing wrong with it... until I was about 12 years old and that no-talent clown became famous and started winning Grammys.
Samir: Hmm... well why don't you just go by Mike instead of Michael?
Michael Bolton: No way. Why should I change? He's the one who sucks.



There really are some unfortunate last names out there. As a teacher and former Mormon missionary, I sympathize with unfortunately surnamed people. What's the most unfortunate name you've encountered?

1 comments:

Wendy said...

My fifth grade teacher was- wait for it- Mrs. Hyman. Good thing we didn't know what a hymen was in fifth grade!