Saturday, February 18, 2006

Sooo, I'll quote my friend and yours, Mr. Conor Oberst. This is the applicable-song-of-the moment, well, not right now, but it was applicable last weekend. And unless something dramatic and wonderful happens concerning Mr. "D," this will be the last mention of him. Ever.



Left by the lamp, right next to the bed
On a cartoon cat pad I scratched with pen
"Everything is as it's always been,
This never happened"

"Don't take it too bad, it's nothing you did
It is just once something dies, you can't make it live
You're a beautiful boy, you're a sweet little kid
But I am a woman"

So I laid back down, wrapped myself up in the sheet
And I must have looked like a ghost 'cause something frightened me
And since then I've been so good at vanishing.

Now I do as I please, and I lie through my teeth
Someone might get hurt, but it won't be me
I should probably feel cheap, but I just feel free
And a little bit empty

No, it isn't so hard to get close to me
There will be no arguments, we'll always agree
And I'll try and be kind when I ask you to leave
We'll both take it easy

But if you stay too long inside my memory
I will trap you in a song tied to a melody
And I'll keep you there so you can't bother me

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heather--
Craziest thing.. I was checking up on a blog kept by someone I don't even know (a friend of a friend residing on the other side of the country) and there you were-- someone I know from right here in Vegas!

Do you know Mr. Pulsipher? He keeps a pretty good blog. I liked your North Korea story. By the way, was your mission in the North or South? (kidding)

Heather Bay said...

Haha- Hey Kara! Good to hear from you!

Small world, eh? Mr. Pulsipher and I are both frequent posters on another message board, and we have a mutual friend.

BHodges said...

These blog things are a web of love all over the world wide web of love.

It was nice seeing you last weekend Heathcliff! Her mom got SO MAD and worked up about our little trip, too. It was worth it.