Sunday, September 20, 2009

Dear Geocities & Yahoo... YOU SUCK


Dear Geocities,


You said we had until October 26th before you deleted our websites. Today is September 20th. When I went to the once-beloved website that I created for my college band, Brickle, this is what I found.

Bastards.

Now my future children will never know that I was in a hip rock band in college. Briana, Dave, Melinda and I no longer have photos of us being young, thin, and cool. If I hadn't spent so much time working on this stupid Geocities site back in 2002, I might have had more time to finish up that business minor I started.

Its one thing that you folks at Geocities will be shutting down our websites. You gave us an October 26th deadline. But what's up with you shutting it down a FULL MONTH before the deadline? Seriously?!? You guys suck. I hope all of you at geocities lose your priceless childhood photos and family memories in a fire. Or a flood. Or a shark attack.

You might ask why I didn't back up the site. I WAS TRYING TO DO THAT VERY THING WHEN I DISCOVERED YOU PREMATURELY DELETED IT!!!

Your non-friend,
HeatherBay


0 comments: