Saturday, July 11, 2009

Girl in a Coma



On June 8th, Steve and I went to see the band Girl in a Coma play at Burt's Tiki Lounge in Salt Lake City. This band was amazing. The band is made up of two sisters, Phanie and Nina, and their friend Jenn, all from San Antonio. They met back when they were in junior high. What I really like about them is that they care about their MUSIC, not sex appeal. This band is a great model for young women, especially the young ladies of Girls Rock Vegas.

Their show was freaking amazing. Nina, the guitarist, played the guitar like a woman possessed. Also, they were really cool. After the show, they talked with fans and took photos, signed CDs and were generally really cool. While their opening band was playing, the band members of Girl in a Coma were even selling merch- totally down to Earth.

Anyway, please check out this band. They rock.

3 comments:

Wendy said...

Ooh, I like. And Jules was dancing around and she told me "I love it"! She wants me to turn it back on now. Sad I couldn't make it to the show, but glad you had a good time.

Heather Bay said...

Yay! Jules ROCKS!!!

Briana Elaine said...

hmm, they were pretty good, Heath! Did you say you were gonna try & get 'em to play for us next year?